Monday 9 December 2013

Shopping with the Royals

The last thing I thought would happen to me on a rainy and grey Saturday morning was to shop with The Duchess of Cambridge and her mum! I was looking for a present for a baby girl and had already been to a couple of stores on the Kings Road when I decided to go to Petit Bateau. Kate was there with her mum presumably shopping for Prince George.



It was really cool to see her in person and so unexpectedly! Several thoughts went through my head: what does she need that she does not have already? Perhaps some underwear that mums always have to buy as nobody gives that as a present? How come there are only the three of us in the store? Why do the shop assistants show no signs of excitement?



She was as beautiful in person as she is in photos, quite casually dressed but with proper make up. I also heard her talking about the baby, as a couple of her friends saw her inside the store and stopped by to chat. The thing that struck me more than anything was seeing her engagement ring up close. It was so beautiful and very moving thinking of Lady Diana wearing the same ring!


Well a few weeks have gone by since then, but I will remember for long time this brief encounter. I am sure the baby girl for whom I was shopping will keep the gift of the pink pyjama with the crown on it forever!


Written by Alessandra Gnudi, Executive Director at FOCUS

No comments:

Post a Comment