Thursday 4 October 2012

Sometimes you win big...



It had been a long day at work and the thought of attending an evening event seemed less than appealing but I certainly did not want to let my colleague down so I put on some lipstick and a smile and rushed out the door.  We met at the Relais & Chateaux office on Beauchamp Place and the minute we walked in I was pleased I had mustered the energy to attend.  We were welcomed into the intimate space by the managers of four stunning hotels located in Ireland.  To top it off we were treated to some delights from the Cliff House Hotel’s Michelin starred chef who had flown from Ireland with some exquisite delights as stunning to the eye as they were to the taste buds.
 
As we spoke to each of the hotel managers it became clear to us just how exquisitely special and unique each property was.  I felt like I was, for an hour or so, in Ireland itself. Not having had the opportunity to travel to Ireland before the experience certainly whetted my appetite.  My thoughts began to dream about escaping with my husband to one of these amazing hotels.  The trouble would be which one to chose, amongst many common family obstacles.

It was clear the evening was going to draw to an end when the host announced the prize draw would take place.  ‘Ahhh, lucky people’ were my thoughts as this process began.  There was a cook book or two signed by the Cliff House Hotel chef and then came the big one... the trip of a lifetime.  One lucky couple would win the Route du Bonheur- a night at each of the stunning Relais and Chateaux properties in Ireland.  Well, for some one that has never won a prize the thought of winning never even entered my mind, but then it happened and just like that I was the lucky winner.

I retuned last week from this dream of a trip.  Ballyfin made me feel like I was stepping into the life of a Royal (in the most positive sense) with the perfect balance of luxury, service and discretion.  Marfield House was memorable for the most romantic and superb meal.  Sheen Falls Lodge sits next to the most delightful waterfall in the stunning county of Kerry and walking distance from the quaint town of Kenmare.  Cliff House has a wow factor and has to be seen to be believed, leading in the cool category with stunning views over the cliffs of Ardmore.  

If ever you get the chance to visit Ballyfin, Marfield House, Sheen Falls Lodge or The Cliff House Hotel then you will be in for a spectacular treat.  I will always enter prize draws from now on because... sometimes you really do win big!!!

www.relaischateaux.com
www.ballyfin.com   www.marlfieldhouse.com   www.sheenfallslodge.ie  www.thecliffhousehotel.com

 by Nancy Dickinson

 Visit the FOCUS website www.focus-info.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment