Monday 16 December 2013

The Brompton Library made my day

Sometimes incredible things happen to you and you wonder why. Last week I was rushing home after a busy day and could not find my house keys. I put down the several bags I was carrying and emptied my purse outside the front door but I still could not find the keys. Having made sure they were not on my desk at the office I ran to my car and looked inside and out. Still nothing.


With great worry and disappointment I called my husband to say that I was locked outside and decided to wait for him at the Library next door to where we live.


My daughter started doing her homework while I was surfing the net on my IPad looking from some distraction. As always I found myself checking emails and while doing that a new email popped up: "Dear Alessandra your keys have been handed in at the Library so please come and collect them" I could not believe my eyes! I was inside the Library and they were writing to me saying they had my keys!

It was only then that I realised that attached to my key ring is a library tag that was given to me when I joined. This tag that I attached as an "ornament" has a code that corresponds to my membership at the Library. What luck! A kind person must have found the keys on the street and having seen the library tag decided to hand them to the library.

Not only I was lucky to find this kind person but I was lucky that my local library works so well and is staffed with smart and efficient people!

This library has always been a point of reference for all my family and I appreciate enormously the service they provide to the local community of residents. So I encourage all new comers to join their local library where they can find great resources and perhaps a helpful hand!

By Alessandra Gnudi

Alessandra Gnudi is the Executive Director at FOCUS.

For more information about FOCUS visit: www.focus-info.org

No comments:

Post a Comment