Monday 6 January 2014

My London Experience.


London Eye
It’s surreal to think that my semester abroad is already over. Study abroad is one of those things you spend months and months planning for. So much time and energy goes into it that by the time you’re finally ready to go, you feel like you need a break first!

I always knew I wanted to study abroad though, and I always knew that I wanted to go to London. I fell in love with this city long before I ever set foot here and being here has only proven me right. There is always something to do or someplace to visit. Even after spending three months here there is still so much I haven’t done!

Audi in Emirates Air Line Cable Car in London
This experience has truly been one of the best of my life. I know that I am so lucky to have had this opportunity and to do all the amazing things I’ve done and meet all the wonderful people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting. I have truly made some lifelong friends in the other study abroad participants and I will never forget my FOCUS family. It’s the people you meet that can really make or break an experience and mine was definitely made. 

Interning at FOCUS was one of the most unique aspects of my study abroad experience, as many of my other classmates did not participate in internships. But I think it was one of the most valuable aspects and I would encourage anyone who was considering study abroad to also consider interning abroad. I was very fortunate to get to work with the FOCUS team, which is made up of genuinely caring, hard working, and all around lovely people. I know that when I come back to London I will definitely be stopping in for a visit.

Saint Paul's Cathedral

I feel that I’ve really grown a lot as a person from my time abroad. Going abroad, especially alone, is challenging for anyone. It takes you out of your comfort zone and really tests you sometimes. But getting out there and experiencing new things and new cultures has been extremely rewarding. I feel much more confident about myself and my abilities as a direct result of study abroad.

Audi visiting Stonehenge in Wiltshire.



It’s hard to sum up the experience in a short blog post, but I tried. If I had to pick one word to describe it, it would be “life-changing”. I’ve made memories that I will absolutely cherish forever. The last three months have literally been a dream come true and I can’t wait to travel to more new places in the future, but I know I’ll be back. So instead of ‘goodbye’, this is more of a ‘see you later.’

Written by Audi Craig, who is an American student living in Indiana. Audi worked as an intern at FOCUS this autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment