Thursday 9 October 2014

Merry Christmas?


How does it feel when you unexpectedly experience Christmas and the festive atmosphere?

Well strange at first, but lovely afterwards. This is what I experienced two days ago walking into the beautiful Milestone Hotel, where we were delighted to include FOCUS members in this lovely event. You should have seen my face when I saw the Christmas tree, the lights and decorations! I am still in denial that the summer is over and I haven’t changed my wardrobe yet, so I was absolutely not prepared nor did I expect to be “thrown into” the holiday season.

The gracious team at the Milestone wanted the guests to experience the full array of Christmas events and experiences they can organise; may they be small family celebrations, business holiday lunches or a gathering for friends.

We were greeted with lovely drinks and delicious canapés while Christmas carols in the background created a very warm and festive atmosphere. I was so pleased to meet some lovely new members who have just moved to London from Singapore and were fascinated by the British flavour of the evening. As people were mingling and meeting each other an enormous turkey appeared. It was of course cooked and stuffed  with delicious cranberry sauce and served on some fine bread and, to my surprise and amusement, prepared by an Italian chef named Fabrizio.  He heard me speaking in Italian to
a guest and came over to introduce himself and, typical of the Italian culture, put me under the care and protection of a lovely waitress, also Italian, who kept bringing me some amazing prawns with pancetta.

When I left that night I felt so positive and I am now really looking forward to the weather changing, the leaves falling and for Christmas to arrive!



Written by Alessandra Gnudi. Alessandra is FOCUS Executive Director.

For more information about FOCUS visit:  www.focus-info.org


No comments:

Post a Comment