Thursday 13 September 2012

An inspired 10-year-old boy

I am trying to think about a good story for this blog now that the Olympics buzz is fading and my 10-year-old son asks me what I am doing. I tell him and he decides to show me his diary. He has been making notes for the future about various things and ideas. This is what he wrote on Monday 10th September, the day after the London 2012 Paralympics final day:
‘After the Olympic and Paralympic games have finally finished, this is without a doubt the best experience in my life and I hope I keep the memory inside me forever. 
Today there was a Team GB parade, celebrating the success of the Games. My mum, one of 70,000 happy and enthusiastic 'games makers'(volunteers) was there. She has worked at Wimbledon (tennis) at the royal box(VIP) and saw people such as Bill Gates and Kate Middleton.
I won't forget memories of watching Mo Farah win gold in the 10000m and Jessica Ennis win gold at the heptathlon. I won't forget Chris Hoy winning the keirin. In the Paralympic Games, I won't forget Jonathan fox winning his first gold for GB in Paralympic swimming and watching Oliveira win vs. Pistorius in the 200m. Pistorius then make up a silly excuse that Oliveira's blades were too long, even though they were within regulations and he had been using the blades for a month.
 
Some venues I went to were:
- Olympic events
.Water polo arena(water polo)
.Copper Box(handball)
.Basketball arena(basketball)
.Horse guards parade(beach volleyball)
.Earl's court(volleyball)
.Wimbledon (tennis)
 
- Paralympics
.North Greenwich arena(wheelchair basketball)
.Aquatics centre(swimming)
.Olympic stadium(athletics)
 
I enjoyed the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games so much that I already miss it after one day! I will keep all my safe memories with me until I die.
 
Inspire a generation!

by MaurĂ­cio Alencar '  
 
This is the legacy of the Games: a generation inspired. 
Ana Beatriz Alencar 

Visit the FOCUS website www.focus-info.org 
 

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely story! My favourite line was 'I will keep all my safe memories with me until I die'. Well done, MaurĂ­cio!

    Eva

    ReplyDelete